Access, Safety and Security
• All members and guests must present a Y membership card or photo I.D. to access a facility.
• Children under 12 must be supervised in the YMCA unless participating in a program. Only those 13 and above can obtain memberships and be on their own.
• Secure your valuables; the YMCA is not responsible for lost, stored or stolen articles or money.
• For safety, members using the wellness/fitness facilities must wear shoes that cover the entire foot (no sandals or flip-flops).
• For respect of all members, appropriate work out attire must be worn during exercise and all areas of the facility.
Your YMCA Membership
Allows access to all 4 branches. You also gain access
to most YMCA’s nationally through our A.W.A.Y. *
Program (always welcome at a YMCA). *Limit 6 free visits
per year for A.W.A.Y. members visiting the Rappahannock Area YMCA.
Most of our land and aquatic group fitness classes are included in your membership; some special classes are offered at a nominal fee.
Continuous Monthly Draft:
Memberships are drafted monthly by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), bank or credit card. There is no end date as these memberships auto-renew monthly. Available draft dates are the fi rst and the fifteenth of the month.
• Cancellation Policy: Membership cancellation
must be submitted in writing 30 days prior to
your scheduled draft date or termination date.
• Membership privileges will be suspended for bad drafts after 30 days. A $20 insufficient fund fee will be applied to any returned bank or credit card
draft amounts. Outstanding balances must be settled before membership reactivation or program registration/sales.
• Going on vacation? You can put your membership on hold with seven days written notice before your next draft. No refunds for partial months.
• Bank or Credit Card changes affecting the monthly draft require written notice at least seven days prior to the next scheduled draft.
Children 4 and below: Free
Ages 5-12: $5 each
Ages 13 and over: $10 each
Nursery Drop-In Fee (3 hour limit): $6 per child
Shower Pass: $5
Water/Group Fitness Class Drop-In Fee: $10
• 50 or more miles from the branch location
• Must show driver’s license or photo I.D. with
proof of address.
• Limited to seven consecutive days
• Signed informed consent for guest 18 and older
Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an
adult (18+) who signs an informed consent.
(A minor guest cannot be signed in by a minor
AWAY Guests: (Always Welcome at the Y)
The Rappahannock Area YMCA participates in the
AWAY program, allowing our members to visit Ys across
the nation while also opening our doors to Y members
nationally. (Some restrictions apply and can be obtained
at the member services department at any branch)
A.W.A.Y Member: Free
Corporate Memberships are available for local corporations, organizations and businesses with 50 or more employees. Please see your branch welcome center staff for plan options and pricing.
• Locker rooms are available to members.
• Long Lockers are for daily use only; short lockers can be rented on a monthly basis.
• Please secure your valuables; the YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
• Adult locker rooms (where available) are for ages 18 and older only.